Monday, October 23, 2006

a little better

Things are going a bit better around my family. Today is my sister's one week anniversary of being married. She really seems to enjoy the homemaking part of it. I have not talked to my mom in 5 days - we normally talk at least twice a day. I've tried to call but she doesn't want to talk to me. She says that I'm not loyal to her. I'm praying on what to tell Matthew in my next letter to him. I don't want him to be stressed out by all of this while he is at boot camp. I'm positive he has enough on him.

In my immediate family of W and T-Puppy, all seems to be well on the western front. I got sick on Friday night and felt rough most of Saturday. W did a good job of taking care of me. Then Saturday we picked up Mekia (w's parents dog) and she had the egyptian virus all Saturday night. Thankfully she was confined to the kitchen. You can imagine what it smelled like Sunday morning in here. When we got home from church I laid T-Pup down for his nap, W took Mekia out, and I sprayed each poopy and vomit spot with cleaner, boiled water + pine sol on the stove, and had 3 candles burning. I'm telling you it was rough. T-Pup won't be getting a pet until he can take full responsibility of it! :) (or until I'm persuaded otherwise).

I can't really think of much else to write. I think the college bible study should be good tonight... we're talking about reckless abandonment and what that entails. I found some really neat things this morning when I was preparing for it, but I'll save that for another day.

I'll take any family advice you're willing to give.

2 comments:

megan stout said...

well....i cant think of any advice for ya except just keep on keepin on ;)
and dont get a dog...that story was gross.
love you!

megan stout said...

thanks for coming to the game the other day :) sorry we didnt get to spend any time together. soon and very soon...