Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sleep... or No Sleep?

I am so sleepy... however unable to sleep. I got into the bed at 10pm sharp, and well, here I am nearly 3 hours later. I've taken a sleepy pill (prego friendly) and played solitaire on my iPod while listening to my lullaby playlist. Still awake. Have you seen the commercials for "RLS" - restless leg syndrome? This is so me. And totally typical of my pregnancies. I had it with T-Pup but thought it was just part of pregnancy. Then, I started seeing the ads and commercials and felt liberated because it's actually a thing. You know, like not just in my mind. I asked my nurse practitioner about it and she kind of gave me a look and told me to take a benadryl before bed. Errr. I really feel like this could all be solved (along with my random back aches) with a chiropractor. Moulaa was my hesitation before for not going, but since my little ER visit in February when we found out we were pregnant, my deductible is about $85 shy of being met... so why not go? Anything to make the next 6.5 months more pleasant. Can I please have an amen...

So my birthday is Friday... big deal, right? I'm just thankful the Lord has allowed me to be here for 24 years. I'm also excited at the possibility that my hubby may be getting me a memory foam pillow (...hoping this will help the sleep thing...).

Saturday there is a Deal or No Deal casting call in Nashville. I soooo want to be on that show! I dreamed last January that I was on it. It wasn't really for the money either, just having a good time. I'm sure the producers would want to fly a pregnant woman and her friends to the show. I really don't want to go to Opry Mills and stand in a line for hours though. Note: if one of you reads this and decides to pursue, I better be one of your friends on the show :) Deal? ....

Going to have a midnight (eh, 1am) snack and head back to the bed. Hopefully, the Lord will place the spirit of rest upon me.

3 comments:

whitney said...

no deal....

Lindsey said...

Amen! Go to the chiropractor if you want to girl! My mom's been several times and likes it...Me, I can't stand to hear bones pop like that. haha. However my lower back does pop everytime I stand up now. Kala makes fun of me.

Whitney if you read this...go for the memory foam pillow! Jason bought me one for my b-day last year. It's wonderful! Yay for significant others with practical gift ideas! haha!

crap...i was so planning on going to opry mills this weekend while I'm in nashville to go shopping...I dont know if I will if there's gonna be an open casting call. That mall is already crowded enough! I think I should've wrote a post on my blog to comment on your post instead of leaving you this forever long comment! haha

Stacy said...

chiro + pregnancy = bliss!

Deal or No Deal is fake :) OK - I'm beginning to think that MAYBE it's a legit show but I believe the first few episodes were all scripted...until it became a huge hit and they were actually able to get billions of people knocking down the door to play.

I'm sure you can guess my cure for "RLS" -- but it REALLY works! I hate that wiggly feeling but I do'nt have it any more! But pregnancy would always get it CLOSE to rearing it's ugly head so whenever I felt it creeping up, I'd go take another scoop of glycos and VOILA! Sleepy time :)

And before glycos, I had a home rememdy that helps a lot that you can try : You know those little foam thingies that you put in between your toes for a pedicure?? Wear those and put on a pair of socks over them (to hold them in place.) I don't know why it helps, but it does.