Tuesday, December 11, 2007

understanding the things of God

I'm sure most of you heard about the shootings in Colorado on Sunday, December 9. The first was at a YWAM (Youth With A Mission) and the second was at New Life Church. When W told me on Monday morning it hurt. It was one of those things I could not fathom in my mind. I went to foxnews.com and read the story... and it just absolutely grieved me. I started praying for their families and friends, and the family of the shooter. All day yesterday it was on my mind, and I kept thinking of the scripture "precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints." Psalm 116:15. I am grateful that it was their lives - because they had already spent their lives on the kingdom of God. I would rather it be someone (as Pete Saint said in "the end of the spear") who is ready for heaven die, so the others may have the opportunity for salvation.

But grasping this... understanding this. Where do you begin?

I feel like I pray so many prayers of protection over my family and friends... am I missing it? Would it be more beneficial to pray "God I trust you with these lives"?

I have no idea to any of these questions. I wish I understood the things of God... I pray in time and in each situation He will help me to a little more.

No comments: