Monday, January 08, 2007

Remeber when?



Remember when my son was this small? Wow.


This past weekend, W had a overnight retreat to go to so I decided to leave town as well. T-Pup and I traveled together to Mtgy. He actually did really well. I definitely missed my hubby's presence though - as for us it is so much easier to travel with both parents. This weekend was my brother's last weekend at home - he left this morning for SOI (School of Infantry) and will be there for about 2 months. Also, an old friend from high school got married. I knew I would see some old faces, but I had no idea I would see nearly every face I haven't seen in 4-5 years.

I feel comfortable enough saying it was maximum overload for me. There were high school friends. There were college friends. There were the people who there was never friendship with because I wasn't in the party crowd. There was even a woman who somewhat chewed me out... yes. After speaking with her for a while I figured out there was a bit of bitterness for not being invited to my wedding. I guess she has had to hold in that frustration for nearly 3 years and then let it out as soon as she saw me. Crazy.

In the midst of all of this - I'm praying. Lord, please, somehow encourage me and let me encourage. Back in those days I was all about letting people know that my life was different from theirs. Now, not so much. My life is my life. I walk it each day as close to the Spirit of God as I can...but not perfect in any way. But, I don't want to "rub it in" anyone's faces. I would rather them see it, desire it, and walk the same way.

So... that was that. It was great to see my friend get hitched, and was great to see some old faces (and faces that I still communicate with - Stacy! And her belly with baby Captain Jack).

Spending time with my brother was... well, I'll say this. All frustration comes from unfulfilled expectation. I can't not love him, but some of the decisions he makes... he chooses to make them. I'm searching for the place to see him as the Lord sees him, to interceed for him as the Spirit does. To love him in spite of bad decisions. I long to be in that place with everyone in my life.

It's always good to travel, but it's always better to be home. I loved the moment of walking into our house, smelling that smell (a vanilla-cinnamon type smell), and just know that we're home. Back in our little cleft of the rock, our refuge... our abode in which we abide (couldn't leave it out, haha). T-Puppy is still adjusting. The day after traveling is usually rough for him, getting back into routine and all. Last night he was so restless - I think when W comes home for lunch we might take a power nap while Thomas is sleeping :) at least I will.

Well, my readers (all 4 of you) - continue in brotherly love.

2 comments:

Alan and/or Maranda said...

Michelle,
I'm sorry that you didn't have the time you would have wanted in Montgomery. One day, I would really like to sit down and talk about relationships, as I can relate to your post. It seems I can relate to many of your posts.

Tell my brother I love him and can't wait for y'all to come up to Nashville.

Lindsey said...

i'm glad you still write in your blog :)...maybe i will one day soon...

i enjoy readying yours!!