Thursday, March 20, 2008

My brother.





My brother Matthew is leaving on Saturday for his first deployment. He is with the 1 Battalion 9 Marines Weapons Company (the 1/9) and will be serving in Ramadi, Iraq. They are flying from Camp LeJeune, NC to Maine, from Maine to Dublin, from Dublin to Kuwait, staying in Kuwait for 4-6 days, from Kuwait to Baghdad, and from Baghdad taking trucks into Ramadi (several hour drive). He will be there until September.

"Because he has set his love upon me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life, I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation." Psalm 91:14-16


We've talked several times this week, and I prayed with him last night on the phone. I cannot express this adequately, but it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I believe wholeheartedly that he has a huge call on his life, and that call has yet to be fulfilled. I pray that God uses this experience in Iraq to draw him closer to Himself.

Please pray for Matthew and his fellow soldiers. Please pray for the families of those who are serving.

Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. James 5:16

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Ohmygoodness!!! First...whoo! He looks so handsome & healthy :)

Second...aghh! Deployment? Wow...scary! I will definitely pray!