Tuesday, April 08, 2008

2 year old fun!


I originally feared the age of two years old. We've all heard the old adage "terrible twos". You know, it doesn't have to be true! I'm sure many people experience this for different reasons, but life with our two year old is a blessing and a blast. He melted down (extremely) this past Saturday night for the first time in over 7 months. Praise God! If I had to say now my guess for what he would be when he grows up, I would say engineer without a doubt. Everything he puts his little hands to is a project; he goes to great measure to insure preciseness and creativity. I love it.

Ok, well he and Whitney went to the Home Depot children's workshop for the first time this past Saturday. We heard from a friend in our church about this event every first Saturday of the month, so the anticipation was definitely there. They went to eat breakfast at a small local restaurant, then headed to HD. The project was a flower box, and Thomas did all the hammering himself. What a big boy!

The next thing I wanted to mention was a conversation we had this past Thursday. I was eating an orange, and some juice spilled on me....

me: uh oh, some orange juice spilled on me
him: like apple juice?
me: yeah, but only from an orange
him: oh
me: do you know where apple juice comes from? is it a banana?
him: no, it's the refrigerator

I laughed hysterically! He is so literal, it cracks us up constantly.

Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from in. Proverbs 22:6

1 comment: