Tuesday, April 15, 2008

First Foods

So, we have arrived. SA will be 6 months this week, and we're working on foods now. Wow, I never knew it would be such a difficult task with her! Thomas started eating and hasn't stopped. She does not like anything she puts her mouth to (except the mama's milk, of course!). I usually try to introduce veggies first, then fruits... because obviously if you have the sweeter fruits first, who will want a veggie after that? But, she doesn't like either. I really pushed the "baby foods" with Thomas, but now I know that she'll eat when she is ready.

I gave her a piece of zwieback toast last night, and she did great with it. So, we will get there! At least I know for a fact that she is getting all the wonderful benefits of breastfeeding!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I have come to believe that if we have to feed it to them (bay food on spoon for example) they aren't ready for it. If they can hold it & nibble on it, they are ready (for safe foods of course!)

Bananas by the hand-held (therefore large) piece was first for Captain. He wanted me to help him hold it but he loved it...at about 6.5 months.

She'll be accustomed to tastes mostly thru your bmilk so if you eat veggies, she's probably got a taste for them, whether you fed her fruits before or not :)

Your babies are SO BLESSED to have you as their Mama!