Monday, May 12, 2008

Busy as a bee

We had such a great week last week. It started Monday when I took the children to see my sweet, very pregnant friend Shelby and her son Gabriel. They live north of Nashville, so it was a fun day out.

Tuesday evening Whitney had a meeting in Nashville, so we again tagged along and went to the Cool Springs Galleria while he was in his meeting. I had our double stroller and was wearing my new fit-flops and truly felt in control walking through the galleria. It was such a good feeling! Really up until now I've had a hard time getting out with both kids and not being overwhelmed.

Wednesday was normal (church, etc.) and Thursday we went to the zoo in Nashville with my friend and her 2 children. It rained the whole time. Thankfully, my double stroller is very well water resistant and SA stayed completely dry. She just cried the whole time. Afterwards, we went to Chick-Fil-A in Cool Springs, and saw Melinda Doolittle! She is just as cute in person as she is on TV. By the way, the new coffee caramel milkshake at CFA is nothing short of amazing.

Friday (coming to a close, haha) afternoon some friends asked us to eat with them in Franklin. They were not bringing their children, so were able to fit a sitter for Thomas, and just took SA with us. I forgot what it is like to just have a baby and go out to eat. She slept over half the time in her carseat carrier! We had a great dinner with our friends and laughed... a lot! I think we needed that!

Saturday, we slept late and recovered from our four trips to Nashville. We had a big breakfast of bacon and biscuits, and did laundry all day.

Sunday brought Mother's Day, and I throughly enjoyed all of the royal treatment. I could use a Mother's Day once a month!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Ahh, you got fit-flops? I want some!! Have you been able to see any results yet?