Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Where has May gone?

W is flying to Oregon today, and all month long I have said "oh, that isn't until the last week of May..." well, it's here. I'm praying for peace and strength today. Malerie, I don't know how you do it while Kevin is away. I suppose I'm just a big baby!

Where to start? Two weeks ago a sweet friend took me to the Westin Heavenly Spa in Huntsville. We had 50 minute massages and 50 minute pedicures. It was such a treat! They make you feel like a million bucks there. Thankfully I was so relaxed that when I came home that afternoon, I was able to stay up all night with Sam. Her first tooth cut through the next day! Such a big milestone in a little girl's life!

The next Monday I did what has not been done in ages... I went shopping... for me! I knew a big trip was coming, I just didn't know when. I wanted to wait until all of my weight was off, but summer came first so I needed to go. I usually never shop for myself (for practical reasons like, eh, money) and make sure everyone has what they need, but this was a me-day. I'm so grateful!! I went to Kohls in Franklin, and I got some great deals. And... I'm wearing shorts this summer! For the first time in 4 years. Thank you Jesus that you healed my knees!!

We had a great Memorial Day weekend. We spent it at the river with W's parent's all except Saturday night/ Sunday (came back for church). I have to say, Monday was definitely my favorite though. We literally sat on the dock and boat for most of the day. T-Pup rode in the paddle boat, went fishing and overall had a wonderful time. Sam loved everything except the life jacket when we went for the boat ride. W spent some time on the jet ski, and I just relaxed and spent time in the sun. Oh, and I saw a two foot spotted gar. At first I thought it was a snake, then an alligator... then I finally saw the dorsal fin. Ew. You know how much I love these things called fish, right?

I really feel like the Lord is about to download some major stuff to me. I am more broken now than I have been in a long while... and I am looking forward to new revelation. I want to teach our children to hear the voice of God, to know the stillness His presence brings.
You know, all of these things on earth will pass away (except our spirits)...but He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. I want my kids to know that.

2 comments:

megan stout said...

i love you michelle!

megan stout said...

glad you like it :)
im not sure how much more frequent the posts will be but more frequent for sure ;)
im going to huntsville fri/sat...where will you be?