Monday, May 12, 2008

one of those days

Wow, what a Monday. It's days like these that discourage me. We did all of our laundry Saturday (our dryer is out, so we've been doing it all at once, one day a week at Whitney's parents house) and the house has stayed relatively clean, so I thought we would have a more relaxed, fun day.

I cleaned up the kitchen after breakfast, and got my shower. I then got the children ready to go to the park. We played for a good 25-30 minutes, when T-pup told me he had to use the potty. We go in to the bathroom... nothing. We go out, continue to play, when I hear "mama, I think I need to poop" so, we begin the trek again to the potty. Half way there... "I pooped". Sigh. We go to the bathroom, I clean him up as much as possible. We get in the car, drive home. Pull up, wonderful... we're locked out of the house. We then drive to the church, get a key, drive back home. I start getting T's lunch ready, and cut my finger with the scissors. (Rant: I hate these injuries because they look so little but hurt so bad!)

So, I stop the blood (ok, it wasn't quite that bad) and everyone eats lunch. Whitney is home by now, and wants to go outside to hit a few golf balls after he finishes eating... so T asks to go with him. Next thing I know, T is coming in crying and has peed all over himself.

Bath time.

My day got much easier after all of this, but I hate it because by 1:30, I felt entirely spent. I had no motivation to do anything else around my house, and my mood wasn't that great either. I told myself it wasn't worth it to get all worked up, so I laid down with the kids for a nap.

I jokingly told Whitney that he could stay home, and I would go finish his work for the day... but I don't know how much I was joking. I love being a stay-at-home-mom, but some days I think it would be nice to have an off day. Oh wait, I'm going to have on this Saturday. Thank you Jesus, just in time! My sweet friend Susan is taking me to the Spa. I can hardly wait.

Sorry for the complaints!

No comments: