Monday, August 28, 2006

The day after

Well, since I know you all (a possible 2, maybe 3 people) are waiting on the edge of your seats to hear how T-Puppy's party went.... it was great. I couldn't have asked for anything better for our little man's first birthday party. The cakes turned out great, everyone (eh, most) of our guests mingled well, and T-Pup had fun... except when he fell into his new toybox. Still not sure how he managed that one. But, as I thought, I'm glad it's over. I'm getting better at " hosting events" and hospitality, but still have so far to go. I wish it were an overnight process that I could learn to put things together and it be an amazing hit (whether baby shower, supper club, or birthday party), but... that would be a long hard night. I suppose as with most things it's best to enjoy the process. I can't wait to put up some pictures from his party. He was soo cute smashing his little fingers into the birthday cake. So sweet. Next year I'm sure he'll have a fork in his hand and be all grown up.

So last night I had what seemed to be a never-ending dream. It was regarding my past, and a person of my past. It frustrated me so... and I have no idea why I continue to have these dreams (this is at least the third or fourth one in the past 2-3 years). W and I talked about it... but I'm still so -ahhhhhhhh- at even dreaming these things. Why can't we control our dreams? And now today it seems to be all that I can think about... which only dampens my already soggy mood.

I've had two cups of coffee this morning, which is an all time high for the past year. Nursing babies and drinking coffee just don't work well together for me. I wish there were some politically correct way to do both. There usually never is. That's why we have conservative and liberal :)

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

yay! i didn't realize you were actually writing blogs now. i thought you still just had one to leave comments. sorry, i'm a little slow! so i had to catch up on them.

I cant wait for you to put up pics of thomas's b'day party! i cant even imagine how cute he was!! and congratulations on the learning how to host parties thing, i dont think i will ever be good at it...i feel for my sisters whenever it comes time for me to host a shower or whatever else. yikes!

megan stout said...

thanks michelle! i gotcha too ;)

Alan and/or Maranda said...

I really hate that we don't see you more often! WE HAVE TO SEE YOU GUYS SOON. If we don't, the next time we see Thomas, he will be driving or something crazy like that...

Alan

megan stout said...

it was good to see you guys this weekend! love you!

Stacy said...

Thanks for commenting at my blog! Now I know where to find YOU and YOUR STUFF :)

Can I put you in my margin?

LOVE YOU!