Tuesday, January 29, 2008

WW update.

So I weighed in Sunday morning, and to my excitement, and lost 1lb. At first I was a little bummed out because it is only a pound, but then afterwards I started thinking, and at least I didn't gain any weight. Through my brief one and a half week on WW, I have learned somethings about myself. 1) I snack a whole lot 2) I eat when I'm "stressed out". The snacking I feel like I can take charge of pretty easily, but the second is a little harder to deal with. It confirms to me that there is still more the Lord needs to work on in me (not that He was just about finished with me!).

I was talking to my friend Shelby earlier today, and she told me something that I told her almost 3 years ago. The statement in itself was "we don't use birth control, we use self control". I think that 3 years ago was probably the last time I said that, because when she said it, it literally took me back. I know that W and I have been poured into by amazing people, and I am so grateful for those things. I just feel like some of it has been forgotten (ie the above statement). We've been in a position the past 3 years that we've poured out, so naturally I just feel like we need to be refilled. Granted we have our time with the Lord here in our home, but I so miss words of knowledge and encouragement being directly said to us. I think I might go back through my journals of teachings from Greg, Gretchen , and Pastor Rusty and refresh myself.

It has absolutely poured rain today, and from the looks of outside there is more to come. It hasn't been too bad though since W has the vehicle. His car is on its last leg! We know what we want, but haven't found just the right one yet. When we do, it will make our life a little easier.

Last thing. How awesome is it to have an accountant in the family? Our taxes were filed over two weeks ago and we received our refund last week! Praise God for it, too!

No comments: