Monday, February 25, 2008

Under the weather

Well, I went to the dentist last Tuesday. I have an aversion to anyone in the field of dentistry. Turns out I needed a root canal. They wanted to schedule it for Thursday, but we were leaving Thursday for the youth ski trip and I didn't want to absolutely overload us. So, we scheduled it for Monday (today).

We had a wonderful time on the ski trip. All the meals went over so well. I can't believe I made enough food to feed 50 people. And there were leftovers! And surprisingly the "big" trip to the grocery store only cost $260. I was expecting around $500. It kind of makes me wonder how I spend $150 on us for 2 weeks when I can feed 50 people for a weekend for less than $300!

Sam slept with me, and T-man slept with W in the guys dorm. Early Sunday morning W called me and said T-Pup had thrown up and he needed a change of pajamas for him. So, I met him outside and gave him the jammies. Not 30 minutes later he called and said he was sick again and asking for me. So, he brought T-Pup over. Long story short, the poor boy was so sick. He vomited and vomited and had so many diarrhea diapers. We left Indiana, but he got worse so we stopped in Lousiville, KY and took him to an urgent care type clinic. The doctor gave him some phenergan (sp?) suppositories and we continued our travels home. He slept for most of the way, and thankfully stopped vomiting. He did have several more bad diapers, but for the most part stopped. Last night he got a fever of 103, and this morning it was 102. I called his pediatrician, and he said there was a bug going around and to try and ride it out. He also said he would have never given a 2 year old
phenergan suppositories and not to give him any more. That scared me, but it did allow us to get home without him being sick anymore, so I'm thankful for that.

So, this morning I went to the dentist to have my root canal. It wasn't near as bad as I expected it to be. Apparently the procedure has gotten much better with time and technology. I've had a pretty good amount of pain since the numbness has worn off, but motrin has been sufficient. I don't want to take any of the loratab they gave me. Those things mess with your head!

Tomorrow is Sam's 4 month checkup in Huntsville. So, hopefully T-Pup will feel up to traveling. We definitely have a lot going on right now. Thankfully the two big winter trips for the youth are over and we'll have some of our free time back to ourselves.

I talked to Bobbie yesterday and she said that there was chit-chat of John McCain asking Bob Riley to be his potential running mate. Wow?! Seems like a really strange decision... but more power to him if its true. I do love the Riley's. And wouldn't Patsy make a perfect second lady? Is that what you call the VP's wife?

Anyway... pictures to come of the ski trip.

1 comment:

Hugs said...

Oh, Michelle! You poor things! I hope Thomas is feeling better and I'm glad to hear that the root canal wasn't horrific. We need to chat soon. Love ya!