Tuesday, February 26, 2008

update on T-Man

I went back and forth on whether or not I should travel to Huntsville today for Sam's well checkup. I didn't want to make T-Puppy travel while being so sick. I prayed the Lord would give me a clear answer and this morning when T-Pup was still so weak I felt like I did need to take him, just so Dr. Powell could look him over. Sam is doing great. She is in the 25-50% on her height and weight, however her head is off the charts! My OB has joked with me before that I have 7lb babies with 9lb heads. It is true. We are a family of bobble heads.

I told Dr. Powell about everything with T-Pup, and he picked him up and held him and gave him a kiss. It made me feel good when he said "This is the first time you've been sick buddy". He is such an amazing doctor and I'm so thankful for his presence in our children's lives as well as our own. He said T-Pup had every characteristic of the roto virus, which is a really aggressive virus for little ones. Obviously. My son has been sick for 3 days. He is so weak that he can only walk two or three steps then just falls down in the floor and doesn't move. It hurts my heart to see him like his, but Dr. Powell said we might have another 2 rough days ahead of us but it should start clearing up some. He said to just keep pumping him with fluids.

We were back home by noon and have had a pretty relaxed day since then. I actually took a nap with the children from 4-5pm so that was a nice blessing.

Lastly, I have decided to run in the Music City Half Marathon. It is on April 26 in Nashville. The amazing thing is that when a friend asked me to run with her, I told her I'd consider but didn't know if I had enough time to train. I prayed that God would give me wisdom and help me to make an educated decision. Last week I got on myspace, and happened to remember a friend we went to church with in Huntsville ran some. I looked at her myspace and saw she had several race pictures on there. I sent her a message just asking for advice. Turns out her fiance's father is a cross country training coach, and she said she would talk to him for me. He made me out a detailed week by week schedule for the next two months of exactly how I needed to train and when. Talk about an answered prayer!!! I now know it is feasible for my to accomplish this. I am looking forward to doing this. It's something I always thought it would be neat to do. It's just nice to have something to look forward to, for me. I so often forget in this stage of having small children and staying home that I have to take time for me, too.

Megan, won't you come up and run with me?!!

2 comments:

megan stout said...

oh michelle how i would love to.....BUT....vanessa is getting married that weekend in key west so i may be gone. if i dont go though--count me in!
:)

Hugs said...

I want to run!!
What is this wonderful schedule of training??